Sunday, February 26, 2017

Birthday

A birthday is a day that represents another year you have been alive. In America, people celebrate their birthday on the day they were born. Ages 1 to 10, 13, 16, 18, 21, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100 are typically the most celebrated years. February 17, 1994 is the day the day that I was born. 17 is my lucky number because it is the day I was born. Many people like to celebrate their birthday with a fun party, or by doing their favorite activity. Some people have a cake with candles that represent how many years they have been alive. On my birthday this year, I celebrated by going to New York City. A birthday celebration can be very exciting for friends and families.

Vocabulary

represents (v) - to be a symbol or a sign for something
typically (adv) - usually
lucky (adj) - brings good luck, fortunate
activity (n)- a hobby someone can do in their free time
candles (n) - wax sticks that are lit to give off heat and light


Vocabulary Exercise

1. The color red ___________ anger.
2. We lit the ____________ to brighten the room.
3. My favorite ____________ is dance.
4. __________ we like to eat dinner at 6 o'clock.
5. People who win the lottery are _________.

Grammar Point

Adjectives: are describing words.
For example: That is a pretty sweater.

Grammar Activity

Write a paragraph that has descriptive adjectives about your favorite celebration.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your entry. My birthday is coming up very soon, April 9th. The age I will be turning is 21. I am very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother was born on October 17th!Nice entry and activities!

    ReplyDelete