Sunday, March 19, 2017

Upcoming Trips

I love to travel. The next few months I having exciting trips planned. Next month I will be going to Disney World for the first time in  13 years. I am looking forward to being in warmer weather, and seeing just how much Disney has changed since I have been there last. In August, I will be going to London, England for a wedding. I have never been to the country England before. I am going to face my fear of heights when I go on the London Eye. I'm really looking forward to seeing Big Ben as well. I love weddings, so to be able to go to one in a new country sound thrilling to me! My future travel plans are what keep me moving forward. I cannot wait until to see more of the world soon!



Vocabulary

Travel (v)- to make a journey or go somewhere different than where one lives
London Eye (n)- a ferris wheel or circular ride in London, England (see picture above)
Big Ben (n)- a large clock on a tower in London, England (see picture above)
Thrilling (v)- to feel excitement
Future (n)- a time period that has yet to happen yet

Vocabulary Exercise

1.  It is _____________ to go on adventures.
2.  People _______________ all over the world to see new places.
3.  __________________ is a fun ride to go on.
4.  The ______________ is the opposite of the past.
5.  ________________ is let's many people tell the time in London.

Grammar Point

Future Tense: used when talking about something that has not happened yet.

Example: I am going to work tomorrow.

Grammar Exercise

Interview a friend or a family member about what they are going to do over the summer. Write down their answers and circle all parts that show the future tense.

Check out this future tense game!





1 comment:

  1. You do have a busy year ahead! Good entry and useful link to games! I liked the photos and the places you are going to see. The London Eye is more like taking a bus in the air than a ferris wheel. The cars are very big, so you don't get the feeling of being vulnerable. We can talk about London sometime.

    ReplyDelete